Bishop Gorman High School will begin accepting applications for the 2017/2018 school year on November 1, 2016. Applicants who meet the following admission requirements will be considered for admission:
1. Completed online application
($50 non-refundable application fee).
2. A minimum 2.0 grade point average in middle school with C or better in core classes
3. A stanine level of 4 or above on the Placement Exam or any national exam
4. A good disciplinary record
5. A good attendance record
Applicants are reviewed by the Admissions committee and are prioritized according to the following criteria:
- Catholic grade school and partner school graduates
- Families in which either parent or siblings of the prospective student have been, or are, in attendance at Bishop Gorman
- Catholic families who participate in a Las Vegas area parish and who have children in public school
- Non-Catholic and non-active Catholic families with no previous connection to Bishop Gorman
Any applicant admitted enters on a probationary basis.
The Bishop Gorman High School Registrar will obtain the student's transcript, attendance report, discipline record and recommendations (Principal and 8th grade teacher).
Applicants are required to take a placement exam. The exam will be offered:
- Saturday, December 10, 2016
- Saturday, January 7, 2017
Check-in begins at 8:00 a.m. Testing will be complete between 12:00 and 12:15 p.m.
Arrangements for testing will be made for applicants that live outside the Las Vegas area.
The test that we give is the High School Placement Test (HSPT) by STS. There are 5 sections: Verbal, Quantitative, Reading, Math and Language. Additionally, each tester will complete a writing prompt.
Applicants that apply on or before January 7, 2017 and have taken the placement exam will be notified the first week in March regarding admission status.
Applicants that apply after January 7, 2017 or have not yet taken the placement exam will be considered for admission after March 1st and will be notified after April 1, 2017.